Key initiatives include:
Interesting resources - from the ACT and elsewhere:
- Havelock Housing: Disability housing hub
- The National Disability Insurance Agency provides information on Specialist Disability Accommodation
- Summer Foundation resources: Building Better Lives for Young People in Nursing Homes
- Summer Housing resources
- Livable Housing Australia
- Australian Network on Universal Housing Design
ACT Government resources and information
- Planning tools and resources for a factsheet on Adaptable housing requirements for multi-unit developments
- Homes and Housing for information about housing options in the ACT, including crisis accommodation, public housing, community housing and affordable home purchase opportunities
- ACT Housing Strategy
- Affordable Housing initiatives
- Home buyer assistance - See Special Disability Trust duty exemption and Disability duty concession scheme on the ACT Revenue Office website
For independent advice or assistance to resolve problems with tenancy see pages on Advocacy, Information and Peer Support, the Socio-Legal Practice Clinic and Housing Law at Canberra Community Law, the Tenants' Advice Service or Legal Aid ACT.
The Housing Hub website is the place for people with disability to find the home that is just right, and for housing providers to connect with people looking for accessi...