Future Directions - 2009 to 2014
Future Directions: Towards Challenge 2014 was the ACT Government’s five year policy framework from 2009 to 2014, focusing action across the ACT Government and business, sports, arts, and community sectors, to improve outcomes and opportunities for people with disability.
The priorities set out in the framework reflected what community said needed to be improved to fulfil the vision “All people with disabilities achieve what they want to achieve, live how they choose to live and are valued as full and equal members of the ACT Community”.
An Implementation Plan 2010–14, set out 22 specific actions delivered by ACT Government agencies and partners to address the six strategic priorities under Future Directions which guided the work:
- I Want the Right Support, Right Time, Right Place;
- I Want to Contribute to the Community;
- I Want to Socialise and Engage in the Community;
- I Want to Know What I Need to Know;
- I Want to Tell My Story Once; and
- I Want a Quality Service System.