Call for Nominations for the Community Clubs Ministerial Council (CCMAC)
The CCMAC is a non-statutory body which will perform an advisory role to government on matters relating to the sustainability of the ACT clubs sector. Expressions of Interest are sought for the following roles:
- One representative for young people to provide a youth perspective on Council discussions.
- Three representatives for community clubs in the ACT, or club members, with a preference for small/medium clubs.
- Three representatives from gambling harm reduction organisations or experts.
- One representative who is a business/hospitality professional, to provide a perspective on business opportunities and constraints.
About the Community Clubs Ministerial Advisory Council
The CCMAC comprises nominated representatives of stakeholder groups with a material interest in issues affecting Canberra’s licensed clubs industry, including its workers, members and guests, as well as the broader Canberra community.
The CCMAC provides a formal link between key stakeholder groups, the Minister for Gaming and the ACT Government and is a primary communication channel during the implementation of relevant commitments made in the Parliamentary and Governing Agreement for the 10th Legislative Assembly (“the Parliamentary Agreement”).
The CCMAC has the following functions:
- Provide information and advice to Government on any matters relating to the implementation of relevant Parliamentary Agreement commitments.
- Provide a forum for clubs sector stakeholder groups to communicate directly with the Minister for Gaming (or the Minister’s representatives) and the ACT Government.
- Consider how the clubs sector can continue to play a sustainable, vibrant and responsive role in the ACT community.
- Promote cooperation, collaboration and information sharing across stakeholder groups and individuals who are impacted by and/or have an interest in the clubs sector.
- Perform any other functions as directed by the Minister.
Members are appointed for a term of not more than three years.
A person is eligible to be appointed as a member to the CCMAC where the Minister is satisfied that the person has the relevant experience or expertise to undertake the role.
The ACT Government recognises and values our diverse community. It is important that this diversity is reflected in appointments to boards and committees and in leadership roles, to ensure the voices of all community members can be heard. Therefore, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people, veterans, and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQA+) people are encouraged to apply.
The CCMAC will meet monthly and work out of session may be required.
Positions on the Council will not be remunerated, unless a need for remuneration or reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses is demonstrated for a Council member attending in a non-professional (unpaid) capacity.
Enquiries and Expressions of Interest
To apply for an appointment to the CCMAC, please complete the Expression of Interest coversheet, the Board, Committee, Appointment Diversity Profile Form, and attach:
- Your curriculum vitae: with details of your educational qualifications (including qualification(s) completed, institution, date(s) awarded and any studies currently underway (please refrain from using abbreviations); and relevant work experience (including positions held and dates of employment).
- Your statement of claims against the selection criteria.
More information can be find in the link provided.
Expressions of interest must be in writing and emailed to:
Community Clubs Ministerial Advisory Council – Member Recruitment
Liquor, Racing and Gaming Policy
Justice and Community Safety Directorate
General enquiries should be directed to Megan Sparke, Senior Director, Liquor, Racing and Gaming Policy on (02) 6207 0580 or LRGPolicy@act.gov.au.
Expressions of Interest close on 26 March 2021.