National Ethnic Disability Alliance - Advisory Committee Expressions of Interest
The National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA), in association with LGBTIQ+ Health Australia is calling for Expressions of Interest to form an Advisory Committee to manage a new project aimed at building the individual and collective capacity of LGBTIQ people with a disability. The “Our Voices, Our Lives, Our Way Project” is funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) via the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building (ILC) Grant and is being jointly managed by both NEDA and LGBTIQ+ Health Australia. Through this project, both organisations are hoping to work on a co-design framework, with sector experts and people with lived experience of disability and LGBTIQ identities engaged in decision-making and design processes. We are now calling for Expressions of Interest to form an Advisory Committee to help guide the project.
Specifically looking for members who have a personal lived experience or have worked with:
- People who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and gender diverse
- People who have a lived experience of disability
- People who are located in urban and rural locations across states and territories.
- People from different cultural backgrounds and/or people who have English as a second language and/or are from migrant or refugee backgrounds
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Disabled People's Organisations and Community Organisations
- Registered Training Organisation representatives working with LGBTI and people with disabilities.
What will be required of Advisory Committee Members:
Advisory Committee Members will be required to actively participate in meetings, review minutes of meetings, papers and other Advisory Committee documents. They will also be asked to provide advice to the project team regarding appropriate strategies and activities that will meet project objectives. Zoom meetings will be held every one or two months and a meeting schedule will be provided to successful committee members prior to commencement. Committee Members who are not working on behalf of an organisation will receive a compensation in return of their time.
How to Apply: Please send your expression of interest by 8 am 29 March 2021, by emailing Renee Dixson: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Marika Taylor on 02 7209 6301. Please include the following in your application:
- Your name and contact details;
- Information on the skills you can bring to this group;
- Your current resume
Please note that there are other ways of sending your application, including audio message and video. If there are other ways we can support you to apply, please let us know by using the contact details above. For more information on this release, please contact: Hema Mangad Mobile - 042 2126 587 Email - email@example.com