BE STRONG TOGETHER – www.covid19.act.gov.au
Our single point of truth during Covid-19 is the ACT Government’s website Covid19@act.gov.au
This is a highly valuable source of information for all aspects of our work and home lives during the pandemic.
Some recommended useful hints prepared by ACT Health for all members of the Canberra community are below:
- Try to establish a routine for a ‘new normal’ with a focus on healthy eating, a good sleep pattern, and regular exercise (being mindful of guidelines in place to keep all of our community safe).
- Stay informed about COVID-19 and what you can do to stay safe. It also helps to talk with family and friends and to think about ways you can support each other.
- For parents and carers, talk clearly and calmly with your children about what is happening.
- Limit how much time you are spending accessing news and other media about COVID-19. Keeping informed about what is happening is important but constantly reading, listening or watching the news can make you feel more distressed and less able to cope.
- Some members of our community will struggle more than others. You can help by checking in with those who may be more vulnerable, such as grandparents, elderly neighbours, or family or friends who live alone. Technology can really help in this – phone calls, emails, social media are different ways of connecting.
- These are difficult times, so try to be kind to yourself and others. We don’t have all the answers, and we have to live with uncertainty, which can be very difficult at times.
- Remember this is a temporary situation. As a community and a nation, we can all help keep our communities safe.