Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Australian Government’s Department of Health has launched the Management and Operational Plan for People with Disability (the Plan).
The Plan is designed to guide the Australian health sector response to the Coronavirus. As more is learnt about the virus and its key at risk groups, and as potential treatments become available such as antiviral drugs and vaccine, targeted resources and public health interventions will be implemented to most effectively protect the health of all Australians.
Australia will approach the Coronavirus outbreak by undertaking activities to:
- monitor and investigate outbreaks as they occur;
- identify and characterise the nature of the virus and the clinical severity of the disease;
- research respiratory disease-specific management strategies;
- respond promptly and effectively to minimise the novel coronavirus outbreak impact;
- undertake strategies to minimise the risk of further disease transmission; and
- contribute to the rapid and confident recovery of individuals, communities and services.
The activities required to support our community during this novel coronavirus outbreak will involve state and territory governments, the Australian Government and many other health sector parties.