Vacancies on Disability Reference Group
Applications close tomorrow, on 1 May 2020
There are upcoming vacancies available on the ACT Disability Reference Group for persons with disability, with experience as a carer of a person with disability, or experience of the disability services sector.
What is the ACT Disability Reference Group?
The ACT Disability Reference Group (DRG) is an advisory group which works to ensure the ACT Government is aware of the issues which affect people with disability in the ACT. The DRG also advises the ACT Government on ways in which the ACT can be a more inclusive community for people with disability. Members of the DRG draw on their own experience and their engagement with people with disability to provide that advice.
The work of the DRG is underpinned by the six policy areas of the National Disability Strategy 2010-2020 which provides the framework for governments to engage people with disability in the development of policies and programs.
For more information on the DRG, go to: https://www.communityservices.act.gov.au/disability_act/disability-reference-group
Members are expected to actively and constructively participate in meeting discussions, community consultations and work projects; and maintain links with the community.
The DRG meets six times per year, for two-hours. On occasion, DRG members will be requested to attend out-of-session meetings. Remuneration will be provided for meetings and some out-of-session forums and engagements.
You can apply in four different ways
- Write an application of no more than two pages answering the questions below and upload to the ACT Diversity Register;
- Send your CV and responses to the questions below directly to the Office for Disability;
- Phone or email the Office for Disability and make a time to meet with a member of the team to respond to the questions below face-to-face; or
- Make a short video about yourself and email to the Office for Disability.
Please note, should you be successful you will need to be available for a half day orientation during the week commencing 1 June 2020.
If you require reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in this process, please contact the Office for Disability.
The application process has been extended and will now close on 1 May 2020.
Office for Disability Contact
Phone: 6207 1086
Please address these questions in your response:
1. Why do you want to be on the ACT Disability Reference Group?
2. What knowledge can you bring to the ACT Disability Reference Group?
3. What experience do you have in promoting the inclusion of people with disability?