Flexible bus service
A flexible bus service is operated by Transport Canberra in particular zones to help Canberra residents, such as the aged or people with a mobility difficulty, to get from their home to local community locations. The fleet of mini buses are wheelchair accessible.
The service is assessed on a case-by-case basis. Eligibility consideration is given to:
- seniors card holders with mobility issues
- seniors card holders aged 70 or over
- people living in a nursing home and/or retirement village
- people impacted by a permanent or temporary disability that prevents them from accessing regular route services
- holders of a Vision Impaired (VIP), or Total and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) travel pass.
Carers with a valid carers card are also welcome to travel – please let the operator know at time of booking.